Join Our team of Fireplace, Stove & Chimney Professionals.
Main Office: Chimney Specialists, Highland, WI
Fireplace Installer/Technician/Production Management
Chimney Specialists is currently seeking a Fireplace Installer/Technician. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a motivated self-starter, with critical thinking skills, who has a background in the construction trades, electrical, plumbing, and finish work. This is a position for a motivated self-starter who is interested in leading a production crew. Training, education, and certifications are provided by Chimney Specialists.
• Specific duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Fireplace Installer/Service Technician:
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with an installation crew and have the ability to finish the project as scheduled.
• Work independently and/or with direct-vent gas, wood and pellet units.
• Understand venting and chimney requirements, clearances and other specifics for each unit configuration.
• Install basic framing using wood or metal studs
• Handle heights daily, ladder and roof work is necessary and required for this position
• Carry heavy equipment onto job site manually or using necessary equipment as applicable
• Extend gas lines
• Install finishes around installed fireplaces with attention to detail and finish work
• General construction and tool knowledge for framing, finish carpentry, sheetrock, and taping
• Basic plumbing and gas line knowledge
• General understanding of electrical work
• Ability to read contracts, interpret contract specifications and instruction manuals and follow directions
• Knowledge of construction logic
• Ability to follow direction and work effectively with others
• Able to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times
• Adaptability and ability to change priorities as they dynamically shift
• Ongoing learning and betterment on industry trends and product offering changes
• Problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail and design
• Strong integrity and ethics
** We are willing to train the right individual
Relevant: 3 years
Hearth Certifications can be obtained upon hire, these certifications are required for this position.
Military candidates encouraged to apply
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Construction background is preferred
Electrical, plumbing, and gas experience preferred
Experience in crew management
Apply in person or send resume to:
Chimney Specialists, Inc
Attn: Human Resources
869 North Main Street
Highland, WI 53543
Or Complete This Short Form To Be Considered: